EU Settlemement Scheme
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. The scheme is now open and it’s free to apply.
If you paid a fee when you applied to the EU Settlement Scheme, you’ll get a refund.
Settled Status - You’ll usually get settled status if you’ve:
- started living in the UK by 31 December 2020 (or by the date the UK leaves the EU without a deal)
- Lived in the UK for a continuous 5-year period.
Pre settled Status
- If you do not have 5 years’ continuous residence when you apply, you’ll usually get pre-settled status. You must have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020 (or by the date the UK leaves the EU without a deal)
- Pre settled status is normally granted for 5 years and you can then apply for Settled Status.
with settled or pre-settled status you’ll be able to:
- work in the UK
- use the NHS
- enrol in education or continue studying
- access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you’re eligible for them
- travel in and out of the UK
Further information and online applications can be found below or contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau: