We are recruiting for Committee Members
Closing date – 31st July 2023
We want to be at the heart of our community and have its needs at the heart of all that we do.
Calvay Housing Association (CHA) is based in Barlanark, part of Greater Easterhouse. Calvay is a member of Easterhouse Housing Regeneration Alliance (EHRA).
We are a medium sized housing association with 825 properties in management (with another 43 currently coming off-site). We have a mixture of property types; the original stock acquired from GCC in the 80s, new-build properties and ‘second stage’ transfer properties. We also provide factoring services to 104 owners and lease one commercial unit which is used as a local shop.
Calvay HA is based at the Calvay Centre which is also offers office space to the Quarriers charity. The Centre has an IT suite, is home to Calvay Community Café, and has a hall which is rented out for a variety of activities.
Some of the benefits you can expect from serving on our Management Committee include:
- Develop a new sense of purpose
- Open your career paths with new skills and knowledge
- Get personal satisfaction from giving something back to the community
- Make a real difference to improve the quality of life for the Barlanark community
- Build a sense of achievement and improve your confidence and self esteem
- Have your views heard in a mutually supportive environment
- Play a crucial role in taking forward the work of CHA
- Access to training and personal development
Our Regulatory Status is “Working Towards Compliance” and we are looking to recruit for specialist knowledge and experience to increase the Committee’s capacity and capability in order to ensure we can return to full compliance as soon as possible.
Our committee and would like to hear from people who have professional level skills or experience in:
- Governance (Including the Scottish Housing Regulator’s Regulatory Framework)
- Finance including Financial Planning and Control
- Risk Management
- Asset Management (Asset Strategy, Management, Maintenance and New Build)
- Human Resource Management
Please download our application pack to find out more.