Glasgow City Council is holding a 6 week Public Conversation on Glasgow’s Transport Future until 30th October 2020. The aim of this public engagement is to gather views from stakeholder organisations and the public to help inform three new transport plans - an overarching Glasgow Transport Strategy, and a City Centre Transformation Plan and Liveable Neighbourhoods Plan.
We are very keen to hear from everyone that use Glasgow’s transport networks and systems. We want to hear about the problems and issues people have with transport, and what kinds of improvements they would like to see to support them in their daily lives and activities. All of the different ways you can participate in our Public Conversation can be found at https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/connectingcommunities.
Ways to participate
- Survey. This will probably take about 20mins to complete and is a mixture of multiple choice and open questions. None of the questions are obligatory and you can skip as many as you want. We can send you a Word version of the survey questions, and a Freephone number is available to take people through it over the phone.
- Transport simulator. This game asks about your transport priorities, and what trade-offs you might be willing to make. It has been designed to be fully accessible for keyboard navigation and screen readers.
Join in the conversation on social media
- Use the hashtag #GetAboutGlasgow
Read background information
- Public Conversation document sets out the background to the consultation and the council’s proposals for how to tackle the issues and develop the transport strategies. This document is viewed as a fully accessible pdf.
- A summary leaflet can be downloaded here