Alterations & Improvements

If you wish to change any of the fitting or fixtures in your property you must seek written permission from us. This could rage from fitting laminate flooring to changing internal doors. 

The Association will reply to any request within 28 days and will not withhold permission unreasonably. If a request is refused, the reason will be given in writing and you may appeal as per the Association’s complaints procedure.

Once we have received your application our Maintenance Officer will carry out before and after inspections of the works. You are also required to have a fully qualified tradesperson carry out the work.

We have to ensure that your home is not damaged or made unsafe by your work. In some cases you will have to obtain Planning Permission or Building Regulations Approval from the local authority prior to carrying out any works.

 Examples of the most common alterations are:

• Renewing/removing fitted units or internal doors
• Renewing a kitchen
• Renewing a bathroom
• Additional fencing
• Satellite dishes
• Fitting different light switches or sockets
• Adding or removing electrical points

If you wish to apply for permission to carry out an improvement or alteration the form is available here or at our office. You must not start any works until you have received our written permission.